25
March
2010

Ethical Considerations2

Since my topic is advertising affects people’s perspectives on beauty, I’m planning to use both advertising images from multiple-sources, such as internet, magazines and posters, and survey.

First of all, i will make sure all the images that i prepare to use are legally allow to copy and post, as well as giving credits for all the images i use. Secondly, the anonymity and confidentiality will be introduced in survey. By this, it mean I’ll keep the identity of the participants unknown, and not revealing any information obtained from participant to any outside parties. Moreover, I will ask for permission to distribute participants’ photos if it’s necessary. Last but most important, that is voluntary. I will inform all the participants that they are free to stop participating at any time without any consequences when they feel uncomfortable to continue.

1.    antonia:

Very good. How will you get consent from participants?

2.    Julia:

Everything was clear, but what kind of questions will you be asking? Also can you be more specific about the media you may use as far as types of advertizements and magazines go? Will you be using?